If you arrived at this blog from #ElecttheCVMAC postcard handed to you at today’s light parade, welcome!
You are invited to join your fellow citizens and Castro Valley Matters in supporting free and open elections for our local officials: the Castro Valley Municipal Advisory Council (MAC).
We ask that our Alameda County District 4 Supervisor Nate Miley support placing a measure on the ballot in the June 2018 election. Why? So citizens of Castro Valley can vote on whether to have elections.
What You Can Do
- Show your support on social media. Post pictures with your #ElectTheCVMAC postcard, use the hashtag #ElectTheCVMAC, and share on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Show up at the next Eden Area Livability Initiative meeting on December 7at 6 p.m. at the San Lorenzo Library with a sign saying you support an elected MAC.
- Call or write Castro Valley’s supervisor, Nate Miley, and tell him you support an elected MAC. Call: 510-670-5717 or 510-272-6694, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call or write the other Alameda County Supervisors to let them know you support an elected MAC:
- Wilma Chan: 510-278-0367 or 510-272-6693, email@example.com
- Richard Valle: 510-259-1097 or 510-272-6692, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Haggerty: 925-551-6995 or 510-272-6691, email@example.com
- Keith Carson: 510-272-6695, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check back at this blog or our Facebook page for upcoming house parties and events here in Castro Valley. Meet other interested, engaged CV residents. Bookmark CVM’s Elected MAC page, where you can find comprehensive background on the efforts for an elected MAC for Castro Valley.